CAMBRIA COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ) – On the afternoon of Jan. 6, 1996 Forest Hills Ambulance was dispatched to a home in Summerhill, Cambria County where a woman was found dead in her bedroom.
Beth Ann Bodenschatz was discovered with a gunshot wound to her head. 25 years later, her son who was five at the time remains the only witness to the crime.
At the time of the murder, Bodenschatz’s son recalled hearing his mother yelling and seeing a man with a gun shoot her. The shooter was described as having brown hair and wore a brown jacket.
Several other witnesses observed a brown/beige Subaru car parked at the end of Bodenschatz’s driveway where a male had been seen walking from the residence to the vehicle.
The murder weapon has never been found and Ebensburg State Police continue their investigation of the homicide.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call the PSP Ebensburg station at 814-471-6500 and speak to Tpr. Snedden of Cpl. Auker.
Information provided that can help solve this case is eligible for a cash reward.
Tips can also be anonymously called into the Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers Toll Free at 1-800-4PA-TIPS.
Source: Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers.
The latest from WTAJ
- Saint Francis women’s basketball pauses team activities
- Wednesday Overnight Weather Forecast, Jan 20th, 2021
- Three soldiers killed in upstate NY military helicopter crash
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- Student loan debt relief: Biden tells Education Department to pause payments until October