BEDFORD COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ) — The Bedford County Commissioner’s Office announced Friday that they are allowing their county departments to work remotely when able effective on November 23.
According to a release by the Commissioner’s Office, the change is in response to a recent rise in COVID-19 cases in Bedford County. Multiple departments will now be by appointment only and they recommend contacting them prior to visiting.
The following offices will be by appointment and will require masks prior to entry:
- Commissioners and Elections: (814) 623-4807
- Veterans Affairs: (814) 623-4848
- Planning Department: (814) 623-4827
- Children and Youth: (814) 623-4804
- Tax Assessment and Claims: (814) 623-4842
- Public Defender: (814) 623-8606
The following departments are continuing to remain open to the public, but other elected officials have the authority to alter the operations of these departments as they deem appropriate:
- Courts: (814) 623-4812
- Domestic Relations: (814) 623-4813
- Probation: (814) 623-4830
- Treasurer: (814) 623-4846
- Sheriff: (814) 623-2910
- Register and Recorder: (814) 623-4836
- Prothonotary: (814) 623-4833
- District Attorney: (814) 623-4855
For additional information visit www.bedfordcountypa.org.