The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) issued an update for its North Atherton Street projects in State College.
The changes will take place Thursday through the week of Labor Day. The entire project will continue through 2019, with phased work zones from Aaron Drive to Park Avenue.
Crews are working on relocation of several utility lines, sewer and water lines, drainage improvements, curbing, sidewalks, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) ramps, traffic signal updates, new concrete median, and paving.
Drivers in State College can expect the following:
– West Aaron Drive to Park Avenue—entire length of project:
* Other than the long-term lane closure between West North Hills Place and Cherry Lane, there will be no lane closures Friday, August 31 due to a PSU home football game and Monday, September 3, due to the Labor Day holiday. Two lanes will be open for inbound traffic and two lanes open for outbound traffic throughout each entire day. The center lane will remain closed and no left turns will be allowed.
– From West Aaron Drive to West North Hills Place:
* No work anticipated
– From West North Hills Place to Cherry Lane:
* A long-term traffic pattern remains in place closing the far, right lane heading toward the University. While the contractor is not working, 2 lanes will remain open for inbound and outbound traffic. However, when the contractor is working, traffic will be reduced to a single lane for inbound traffic. Due to the turning lane being used for inbound traffic, left turns will always be restricted through the length of this work zone. Work in this area will mainly consist of upgrading the existing drainage system, installing new curbing and sidewalk, and placing topsoil.
– From Cherry Lane to Hillcrest Avenue:
* No work anticipated by the contractor.
* Verizon will continue to perform relocation work. Traffic control will consist of daylight lane closures maintaining traffic to at least one lane each direction.
– From Hillcrest Avenue to Park Avenue:
* No work is planned.
For more details check out www.511PA.com.