There are multiple calls for flooded basements and roadways in addition to downed utility lines and trees, officials said.
As of right now, the following roads are reported closed in Cambria County:
- 200 block of Franklin Street in Johnstown
- Route 3034 (Beulah Road/Second Street) from the intersection of Allie Buck Road in Cambria Township to the intersection of Route 22 (William Penn Highway) in Cambria Township
- Route 160 from the intersection of Mount Airy Drive to the intersection of Center Street/Oak Ridge Drive in Adams Township
- Route 2013 (Center Street/Wilmore Road) from the intersection of Howells Hill Road to the intersection of Route 22 in Cambria Township
- Route 1006 (Syberton Road) from the intersection of Saint Mary Street in Loretto Borough to the intersection of Route 53 (Gallitzin Road) in Gallitzin Township
- Route 53 from the intersection of Amsbry Road in Gallitzin Township to the intersection of Liberty Ave. in Ashville Borough
- Colver Road between Gresh Road and Municipal Road
- Scout Dam Road in the area of Peach Creek
Emergency responders have staffed their fire and EMS departments, they said. Cambria EMA and 911 have also increased their staffing for the duration of the storm.
The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Warning for the area in effect until 3:30 p.m.
Residents are urged not to travel unless they are fleeing an area subject to flooding or under an evacuation order. Additionally, emergency services advise people not to drive through standing water.
Stick with WTAJ as we provide the latest weather updates.
Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter for the latest local news, weather and community events that matter to you.