Alpha Fire-Tremont Student Living fire caused by lightning

Local News

Fire crews were called out Sunday at 5pm  to a 3 alarm fire at Tremont Student Living in Patton Township, State College.

A lighting bolt struck the roof of the F building at the Tremont Student Living housing center in Patton Township, State College on Sunday.  That’s according to Steve Bair,  Fire Director, for the Centre Region Council of Governments.

Bair says, just after 5 o’ clock sunday evening fire crews responded to multiple calls of smoke coming from the attic of building F.
He says crews caught the fire quickly, stopping it from spreading to the G building.

 

We saved two third floor apartments, we lost two their floor apartments.  It was a good stop, I was proud of the work the crew did, Bair said.

Building G did have to be evacuated since there is no power.


15 people lived in buildings F and G and got out safely. They are now looking for other places to live.  One Alpha company fire fighter was taken to the Mount Nittany Medical Center for dehydration and heat stress.  He went back to work on Monday.
 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss