CAMBRIA COUNTY. Pa. (WTAJ) — State Representative Frank Burns announced today that a $600,000 grant will allow a local nonprofit to expand after-school programs in nine different Cambria County schools.
“These grants will allow Respective Solutions, a nonprofit group which works closely with Cambria County’s school districts, to reinforce core concepts with students who are struggling academically, and also provide career and technical education opportunities and resources, this is a true investment in our region’s future and ensures every child has a chance to succeed.”
-Frank Burns: Pennsylvania State Representative.
This federally funded grant, administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, will provide academic, artistic and cultural enrichment opportunities for the following schools.
- Central Cambria Elementary School
- Central Cambria Middle School
- Cambria Heights Elementary School
- Cambria Heights Middle School
- Glendale Elementary School
- Glendale Jr/Senior School
- Jackson Elementary School
- Portage Elementary School
- St. Michael Elementary School
More information on this program can be found by clicking here.