CORRECTION: The Pennsylvania Department of Health’s original update only had Sunday’s numbers. They have since updated the PA COVID Alert App to reflect both Saturday and Sunday as there’s no update on Sunday afternoon.
HARRISBURG, Pa. (WTAJ) — The Pennsylvania Department of Health has confirmed 1,594 new cases of COVID-19 over the weekend, bringing state totals to 156,826.
Currently, 1,855,491 people have tested negative.
According to the DOH, 7 additional COVID-19 related deaths have been reported, bringing the total to 8,107.
Of the 156,826 cases across the state, the PA Department of Health estimates that 82% of Pennsylvanians have recovered from COVID-19.
A total of 5,202 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in our Central Pennsylvania region. Our region shows 210 more cases over the weekend.
You can find the county by county breakdown below:
The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health announced they will no longer update the COVID-19 Dashboard on Sundays. Monday’s numbers will now reflect results reported for Saturday and Sunday.
Of the patients who have tested positive to date the age breakdown is as follows:
- Approximately 1% are ages 0-4;
- Nearly 2% are ages 5-12;
- Nearly 5% are ages 13-18;
- Approximately 13% are ages 19-24;
- Approximately 36% are ages 25-49;
- Nearly 22% are ages 50-64; and
- Nearly 22% are ages 65 or older.
Most of the patients hospitalized are ages 65 or older, and most of the deaths have occurred in patients 65 or older.
The department is seeing significant increases in the number of COVID-19 cases among younger age groups, particularly 19 to 24-year-olds. An alert was sent to healthcare providers about the changing COVID-19 case demographics, as there are more cases in younger age groups than in those 50-64 and 65+. The following regions saw significant increases among 19 to 24-year-olds in each month from April to date in September:
- NC – Approximately 7 percent of cases in April to nearly 68 percent of cases so far in September;
- NE – 6 percent of cases in April to nearly 37 percent of cases so far in September;
- SE – Nearly 5 percent of cases in April to approximately 29 percent of cases so far in September;
- SW – Approximately 5 percent of cases in April to approximately 27 percent of cases so far in September;
- NW – Nearly 7 percent of cases in April to approximately 19 percent of cases so far in September; and
- SC – Approximately 7 percent of cases in April to nearly 17 percent of cases so far in September.
In nursing and personal care homes, there are 22,680 resident cases of COVID-19, and 4,988 cases among employees, for a total of 27,668 at 973 distinct facilities in 61 counties. Out of our total deaths, 5,430 have occurred in residents from nursing or personal care facilities.
Approximately 10,595 of our total cases are among health care workers.