HARRISBURG, Pa. (WTAJ) — The Pennsylvania Department of Health has confirmed 1,566 new cases of COVID-19 since yesterday, bringing state totals to 179,086.
The number of tests administered within the last 7 days between October 9 and October 15 is 238,610 with 9,592 positive cases. There were 34,782 test results reported to the department through 10 p.m., October 15.
Currently, 2,103,044 people have tested negative.
According to the DOH, 25 additional COVID-19 related deaths have been reported, bringing the total to 8,457.
Eighty percent of Pennsylvania cases have been considered recovered from COVID-19.
A total of 7,340 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in our Central Pennsylvania region. Our region is showing 158 more cases than yesterday.
You can find the county by county breakdown below:
The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health announced they will no longer update the COVID-19 Dashboard on Sundays. Monday’s numbers will now reflect results reported for Saturday and Sunday.
There are 2,103,044 patients who have tested negative to date. Of the patients who have tested positive to date the age breakdown is as follows:
- Approximately 1% are ages 0-4;
- Nearly 2% are ages 5-12;
- Nearly 5% are ages 13-18;
- Nearly 14% are ages 19-24;
- Nearly 36% are ages 25-49;
- Approximately 21% are ages 50-64; and
- Approximately 21% are ages 65 or older.
Most of the patients hospitalized are ages 65 or older, and most of the deaths have occurred in patients 65 or older.
The department is seeing significant increases in the number of COVID-19 cases among younger age groups, particularly 19 to 24-year-olds. An alert was sent to healthcare providers about the changing COVID-19 case demographics, as there are more cases in younger age groups than in those 50-64 and 65+. The following regions saw significant increases among 19 to 24-year-olds in each month from April to present in October:
- NC – Approximately 7 percent of cases in April to approximately 34 percent of cases so far in October;
- SE – Nearly 5 percent of cases in April to approximately 17 percent of cases so far in October;
- NE – 6 percent of cases in April to approximately 20 percent of cases so far in October;
- NW – Nearly 7 percent of cases in April to nearly 19 percent of cases so far in October;
- SW – Approximately 5 percent of cases in April to approximately 13 percent of cases so far in October; and
- SC – Approximately 7 percent of cases in April to approximately 10 percent of cases so far in October.
In nursing and personal care homes, there are 24,334 resident cases of COVID-19, and 5,342 cases among employees, for a total of 29,676 at 1,015 distinct facilities in61 counties. Out of our total deaths, 5,603 have occurred in residents from nursing or personal care facilities.
Approximately 11,559 of our total cases are among health care workers.