HARRISBURG, Pa. (WTAJ) — The Pennsylvania Department of Health has confirmed 1,258 new cases of COVID-19 in the state over the weekend, bringing state totals to 145,063.
Currently, 1,684,609 people have tested negative.
According to the DOH, 7 additional COVID-19 related deaths have been reported, bringing the total to 7,869.
Of the 145,063 cases across the state, the PA Department of Health estimates that 82% of Pennsylvanians have recovered from COVID-19.
A total of 3,554 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in our Central Pennsylvania region. Our region shows 148 more over the weekend.
You can find the county by county breakdown below.
The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health announced they will no longer update the COVID-19 Dashboard on Sundays. Monday’s numbers will now reflect results reported for Saturday and Sunday.
Of the patients who have tested positive to date the age breakdown is as follows:
- Approximately 1% are ages 0-4;
- Nearly 2% are ages 5-12;
- Approximately 4% are ages 13-18;
- Nearly 12% are ages 19-24;
- Nearly 37% are ages 25-49;
- Approximately 22% are ages 50-64; and
- Approximately 22% are ages 65 or older.
Most of the patients hospitalized are ages 65 or older, and most of the deaths have occurred in patients 65 or older.
The department is seeing significant increases in the number of COVID-19 cases among younger age groups, particularly 19 to 24-year-olds. An alert was sent to healthcare providers about the changing COVID-19 case demographics, as there are more cases in younger age groups than in those 50-64 and 65+. The following regions saw significant increases among 19 to 24-year-olds in each month from April to date in September:
- NC – Approximately 7 percent of cases in April to nearly 69 percent of cases so far in September;
- NE – 6 percent of cases in April to 40 percent of cases so far in September;
- SE – Nearly 5 percent of cases in April to nearly 33 percent of cases so far in September;
- SW – Approximately 5 percent of cases in April to nearly 30 percent of cases so far in September;
- NW – Nearly 7 percent of cases in April to nearly 20 percent of cases so far in September; and
- SC – Approximately 7 percent of cases in April to nearly 18 percent of cases so far in September.
In nursing and personal care homes, there are 21,934 resident cases of COVID-19, and 4,770 cases among employees, for a total of 26,704 at 953 distinct facilities in61 counties. Out of our total deaths, 5,297 have occurred in residents from nursing or personal care facilities.
Approximately 10,117 of our total cases are among health care workers.