HARRISBURG, Pa. (WTAJ) — The Pennsylvania Department of Health has confirmed 1,153 new cases of COVID-19 today, bringing state totals to 158,967.
Currently, 1,855,491 people have tested negative.
According to the DOH, 19 additional COVID-19 related deaths have been reported, bringing the total to 8,142.
There are currently 539 COVID-19 hospitalizations, according to the COVID Alert PA app.
Of the 158,967 cases across the state, the PA Department of Health estimates that 82% of Pennsylvanians have recovered from COVID-19.
A total of 5,422 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in our Central Pennsylvania region. Our region shows 76 more cases than yesterday.
You can find the county by county breakdown below:
The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health announced they will no longer update the COVID-19 Dashboard on Sundays. Monday’s numbers will now reflect results reported for Saturday and Sunday.
Of the patients who have tested positive to date the age breakdown is as follows:
- Approximately 1% are ages 0-4;
- Nearly 2% are ages 5-12;
- Nearly 5% are ages 13-18;
- Approximately 13% are ages 19-24;
- Nearly 36% are ages 25-49;
- Approximately 21% are ages 50-64; and
- Nearly 22% are ages 65 or older.
Most of the patients hospitalized are ages 65 or older, and most of the deaths have occurred in patients 65 or older.
The department is seeing significant increases in the number of COVID-19 cases among younger age groups, particularly 19 to 24-year-olds. An alert was sent to healthcare providers about the changing COVID-19 case demographics, as there are more cases in younger age groups than in those 50-64 and 65+. The following regions saw significant increases among 19 to 24-year-olds in each month from April to date in September:
- NC – Approximately 7 percent of cases in April to nearly 65 percent of cases so far in September;
- NE – 6 percent of cases in April to approximately 35 percent of cases so far in September;
- SE – Nearly 5 percent of cases in April to approximately 28 percent of cases so far in September;
- SW – Approximately 5 percent of cases in April to approximately 26 percent of cases so far in September;
- NW – Nearly 7 percent of cases in April to approximately 19 percent of cases so far in September; and
- SC – Approximately 7 percent of cases in April to nearly 16 percent of cases so far in September.
In nursing and personal care homes, there are 22,935 resident cases of COVID-19, and 5,079 cases among employees, for a total of 28,014 at 984 distinct facilities in61 counties. Out of our total deaths, 5,456 have occurred in residents from nursing or personal care facilities.
Approximately 10,765 of our total cases are among health care workers.