CLEARFIELD COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ) — One person was flown to the hospital after a two-vehicle crash off of Interstate 80.
State police said the tractor-trailer was on Route 53 and changed lanes to merge onto I-80 and didn’t notice the Cadillac the 62-year-old woman was driving and ended up striking her.
The woman was flown to UPMC Altoona with serious injuries and pronounced dead by UPMC trauma surgeons. The driver of the tractor-trailer was not injured in the crash, according to officials.
This story has been updated with the latest information released by State Police Wednesday morning, Oct. 20.
LATEST IN LOCAL NEWS
- 9,264 new COVID cases reported, 69.5% of residents vaccinated Dec. 4
- Blair County fire department receives new fire engine
- Dicken of A Christmas weekend begins in Ebensburg
- Way Fruit Farm to hold first ever ‘Holidays in the Packinghouse’ Saturday
- Bald Eagle Area School District selected as 1 in 8 nationwide for award-winning author’s virtual tour
Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter for the latest local news, weather, and community events that matter to you.