(KTLA) — Sweet and salty are the two basic food groups of snacks. So of course someone would want to combine them.
Food company Mondelez International has taken two of its brands — Oreo cookies and Ritz crackers — and merged them into a new confection that’s either an act of genius or a crime against nature.
The treat replaces one of the cookies of an Oreo with a Ritz cracker, and unites them with a layer of peanut butter filling and a layer of traditional Oreo cream.
- Miller Lite honors first female brewer with limited-edition cans
- Kellogg to split into 3 companies: snacks, cereals, and plant-based food
- Jack & Coke in a can: The classic mixed drink is coming to stores soon
- Hershey’s brings Reese’s Stuff Your Cup to Times Square
- ‘Healthy Coke’ recipe baffles internet after TikTok video goes viral
Mondelez is feeling so upbeat about the mix, it’s giving away free samples.
To score yours, go to this website after 9 a.m. Pacific on Thursday and put in a request, But move fast. Only 1,000 freebies will be available. (You can sign up in advance for an email alert.)
Oh, and “free” is relative. You’ll still have to pay $3.95 for shipping.