Fire department responds to house fire in Altoona


UPDATE 7/10: Altoona Fire Inspector Adam Free said that the cause of the fire was an improper disposal of a cigarette or smoking material.

The fire was ruled as accidental. Only two of the adults and the child were home when the fire started.

ALTOONA, Pa. (WTAJ) — The Altoona Fire Department was dispatched Thursday morning for a house fire on 5th Avenue.

The fire department was dispatched at 10:28 a.m. and when they arrived flames were shooting out of the back second floor window.

After 15 minutes, the fire was under control. Three adults and a baby live at the residence. All of the residents made it out of the house safely.

Chief Tim Hileman said that the home will be livable once the one window is boarded up.

The American Red Cross is assisting the residents once repairs are made.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

February 07 2021 06:30 pm

Don't Miss