CLAYSBURG, Pa. (WTAJ) — A Blair County man accused of rape is now in police custody.
Police say 43-year-old Kenneth Wells held a knife to the victim’s throat, made verbal threats and forced her to perform sexual acts on Jan. 2 in Claysburg.
Criminal records show that Wells was charged and convicted of third-degree murder, aggravated assault and recklessly endangering another person in Fayette County in 2001.
Wells is facing multiple charges, including rape, strangulation, sexual assault and aggravated indecent assault.
- 4,045 new COVID cases reported, 247 in our central region on Jan. 18
- Biden inauguration rehearsal evacuated after fire in homeless camp
- LIVE: DC parade celebrates iconic civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.
- Midday Forecast, Monday January 18, 2021
- Newsfeed Now: US Capitol temporarily locked down, terminally ill man gets matching tattoos with strangers