CENTRE COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ) — Centre County is looking to start a program that would keep seniors close to their family while giving them their own living space.
The elder cottage housing opportunity would place temporary 400-600 square foot cottages and would be placed in a relative’s backyard for seniors who can’t completely live on their own, but also don’t want to be in a senior living home.
While the Center County’s commissioners’ office tells us, they are still in the very beginning stages of this plan, Clearfield County already has two cottages in use.
MORE FROM WTAJ
- Saint Francis women’s basketball pauses team activities
- Wednesday Overnight Weather Forecast, Jan 20th, 2021
- Three soldiers killed in upstate NY military helicopter crash
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- Student loan debt relief: Biden tells Education Department to pause payments until October