CENTRE COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ) — Centre County is looking to start a program that would keep seniors close to their family while giving them their own living space.
The elder cottage housing opportunity would place temporary 400-600 square foot cottages and would be placed in a relative’s backyard for seniors who can’t completely live on their own, but also don’t want to be in a senior living home.
While the Center County’s commissioners’ office tells us, they are still in the very beginning stages of this plan, Clearfield County already has two cottages in use.
MORE FROM WTAJ
- Late free throws keep Penn State from stealing road win over No. 13 Ohio State
- Wednesday Overnight Weather Forecast, Jan 27th, 2021
- CenClear opens new recovery center in Clearfield
- Cloris Leachman of ‘The Mary Tyler Moore Show,’ ‘Phyllis’ dies at 94
- Penn State has a timeline in mind for basketball coach search