HARRISBURG, Pa. (WTAJ) — The Pennsylvania Department of Health reports 12.1 million vaccine doses have been administered in Pennsylvania. 65.3% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated.
3,790 new cases of COVID-19 have been reported since Friday, bringing state totals to 1,291,831 known cases since the start of the pandemic.
28 new deaths were identified by the Pennsylvania death registry, reported for a total of 28,208 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of Aug 13 – Aug. 19 stood at 6.9%.
There are 5,111,559 individuals who have tested negative to date.
Our central region shows 214 new cases since Friday which brings our total to 81,886 known COVID-19 cases.
The county breakdown is below:
Percentage of people with at least one vaccine dose by county:
UPDATED ON 8/27/21
- BEDFORD: 36.8%
- BLAIR: 50.0%
- CAMBRIA: 53.6%
- CAMERON: 56.5%
- CENTRE: 57.9%
- CLEARFIELD: 48.4%
- ELK: 57.1%
- HUNTINGDON: 46.9%
- JEFFERSON: 48.7%
- SOMERSET: 46.8%
Total COVID-19 related deaths by county:
- BEDFORD: 144 (+0)
- BLAIR: 346 (+0)
- CAMBRIA: 448 (+0)
- CAMERON: 10 (+0)
- CENTRE: 230 (+0)
- CLEARFIELD: 164 (+0)
- ELK: 42 (+0)
- HUNTINGDON: 137 (+0)
- JEFFERSON: 99 (+0)
- SOMERSET: 219 (+0)
NEW LOCAL DEATHS: 0
Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Thursday, Aug. 26, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
- According to the CDC, as of Thursday Aug. 26, 65.3% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Pennsylvania’s vaccine dashboard was updated on Friday, July 9 to more accurately reflect the number of people who are partially and fully vaccinated in each county outside of Philadelphia, along with demographics of those receiving vaccine. For state-to-state comparisons, refer to the CDC vaccine data tracker.
- Vaccine providers have administered 12,109,964 total vaccine doses as of Friday, Aug. 27.
- 5,926,165 people are fully vaccinated; with 23,698 vaccinations administered yesterday and a seven-day moving average of more than 17,600 people per day receiving vaccinations.
The department continues to urge Pennsylvanians to follow CDC guidance for wearing a mask where required by law, rule and regulations, including healthcare, local business and workplace guidance. For the protection of themselves and others, individuals who have not yet been vaccinated or are partially vaccinated are still encouraged to wear a mask when in public. CDC also recommends all individuals wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.
There are 195,913 individuals who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases and 637 individuals who have a positive serology test and either COVID-19 symptoms or a high-risk exposure.
Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter for the latest local news, weather and community events that matter to you.