(WTAJ) — Norfolk Southern is requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 by Dec. 8.
Norfolk Southern said they determined they are covered under the mandate because they haul tanks, Humvees, and jet fuel for the U.S. Department of Defense and deliver coal to the federal-run Tennesse Valley Authority, according to an internal memo sent to employees, which was obtained by Railway Age.
There are currently over 6 million (6,404,179) people in Pennsylvania who are vaccinated against COVID-19, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
LATEST IN COVID-19 NEWS
- Vaccine mandates, wait times, & staffing shortages: UPMC shares latest
- COVID-19 omicron variant found in Colorado
- 9,143 new COVID cases reported, 69.3% of residents vaccinated Dec. 2
- Omicron and delta spell return of unpopular restrictions
- Minnesota man tests positive for omicron after visiting NY for convention
Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter for the latest local news, weather, and community events that matter to you.