(CNN & WIAT) Thermometers are hard to come by these days, and it could get worse.
Thermometer manufacturers and distributors say the devices were already in high demand earlier this year when health care providers started ordering more to scan COVID-19 patients. But now, companies who will require temperature checks are also buying the devices in mass bundles.
Marc Blustein, CEO of American Diagnostic Corporation, one of the nation’s largest thermometer manufacturers, said demand is up 900% for his company’s “non-contact” thermometers.
Multiple medical suppliers said the added customers have put a strain on the thermometer supply chain because they simply can not make enough right now.
- Morning Forecast, Wednesday May 27, 2020
- I-Team: Lawyer of Soldiers’ Home superintendent says documents show state knew about Covid-19 outbreak
- Early morning forecast Wednesday, May 27, 2020
- Penn State’s Lamont Wade hopes his son grows up in a better world
- Retiring teachers surprised with parade