HARRISBURG, Pa. (WTAJ) — The Pennsylvania Department of Health reports 15.4 million vaccine doses have been administered in Pennsylvania. 69.3% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated.
9,143 new cases of COVID-19 have been reported since Wednesday, bringing the state total to 1,753,669 known cases since the start of the pandemic, according to the COVID Alert PA app.
128 new deaths were identified by the Pennsylvania death registry, bringing the total to 33,649 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
There are 3,939 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 858 patients are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. More data is available here.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of Nov. 19 – Nov. 25 stood at 12.1%.
Our central region shows 680 new cases since Wednesday, bringing our total to 119,221 known COVID-19 cases.
The county breakdown of new cases is below:
Percentage of people with at least one vaccine dose by county:
- BEDFORD: 39.1%
- BLAIR: 53.3%
- CAMBRIA: 57.8%
- CAMERON: 59.1%
- CENTRE: 62.6%
- CLEARFIELD: 51.7%
- ELK: 59.5%
- HUNTINGDON: 50.9%
- JEFFERSON: 50.8%
- SOMERSET: 50.8%
Total COVID-19 related deaths by county:
- BEDFORD: 193 (+1)
- BLAIR: 439 (+2)
- CAMBRIA: 567 (+2)
- CAMERON: 13 (+0)
- CENTRE: 260 (+2)
- CLEARFIELD: 229 (+1)
- ELK: 66 (+0)
- HUNTINGDON: 180 (+1)
- JEFFERSON: 150 (+2)
- SOMERSET: 279 (+1)
NEW LOCAL DEATHS: 12
Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Wednesday, Dec. 1, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
- According to the CDC, as of Wednesday, Dec. 1, 69.3% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Pennsylvania’s vaccine dashboard was updated July 9 and Oct. 27 to more accurately reflect the number of people who are partially and fully vaccinated and account for the additional doses administered to residents in each county outside of Philadelphia. Demographic data associated with the vaccinations was also updated. The updates are part of the department’s continuous work to improve the quality of data and statistical reporting to ensure the public has the most accurate and up-to-date information. For state-to-state comparisons, refer to the CDC vaccine data tracker.
- Vaccine providers have administered 15,482,008 total vaccine doses, including 1,589,246 additional doses (which includes additional shots for immunocompromised individuals and booster shots).
- 189,882 total pediatric vaccines doses (ages 5-11) have been administered.
- 6,650,102 people are fully vaccinated; with 65,457 vaccinations administered since yesterday and a seven-day moving average of more than 37,500 people per day receiving vaccinations.
The department continues to urge Pennsylvanians to follow CDC guidance for wearing a mask where required by law, rule and regulations, including healthcare, local business and workplace guidance. For the protection of themselves and others, individuals who have not yet been vaccinated or are partially vaccinated are still encouraged to wear a mask when in public. CDC also recommends all individuals wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.
There are 288,116 individuals who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases. There are 5,917,901 individuals who have tested negative to date.
Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter for the latest local news, weather, and community events that matter to you.