HARRISBURG, Pa. (WTAJ) — The Pennsylvania Department of Health reports over 11.6 million vaccine doses have been administered in Pennsylvania. 63.2% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are now fully vaccinated.
3,019 new cases of COVID-19 have been reported between Saturday, July 31 and Monday, Aug. 2 bringing state totals to 1,227,519 known cases since the start of the pandemic.
7 new deaths have been identified by the Pennsylvania death registry between Friday, July 30 and Sunday, Aug. 1 keeping our state total to 27,857 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
There are 507 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 104 patients are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. More data is available here.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of July 23 – July 29 stood at 3.9%.
Ninety-seven (97) percent of Pennsylvania cases have been considered recovered from COVID-19.
There are 4,921,915 individuals who have tested negative to date.
Our central region shows 113 new cases since Friday. That brings our total to 79,028 known COVID-19 cases.
The county breakdown is below:
Percentage of people with at least one vaccine dose by county:
UPDATED ON 7/30/21
- BEDFORD: 35.0%
- BLAIR: 47.6%
- CAMBRIA: 51.1%
- CAMERON: 54.1%
- CENTRE: 55.6%
- CLEARFIELD: 46.1%
- ELK: 55.4%
- HUNTINGDON: 44.0%
- JEFFERSON: 46.6%
- SOMERSET: 44.5%
Total COVID-19 related deaths by county:
- BEDFORD: 142 (+0)
- BLAIR: 344 (+0)
- CAMBRIA: 441 (+0)
- CAMERON: 10 (+1)
- CENTRE: 228 (+0)
- CLEARFIELD: 156 (+0)
- ELK: 41 (+0)
- HUNTINGDON: 136 (+0)
- JEFFERSON: 99 (+0)
- SOMERSET: 219 (+0)
NEW LOCAL DEATHS: 1
Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Sunday, Aug. 1, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
- According to the CDC, as of Sunday, Aug. 1, 63.2% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Pennsylvania’s vaccine dashboard was updated on Friday, July 9 to more accurately reflect the number of people who are partially and fully vaccinated in each county outside of Philadelphia, along with demographics of those receiving vaccine. For state-to-state comparisons, refer to the CDC vaccine data tracker.
- Vaccine providers have administered 11,653,114 total vaccine doses as of Monday, Aug. 2.
- 5,721,705 people are fully vaccinated; with a seven-day moving average of more than 12,900 people per day receiving vaccinations.
The department continues to urge Pennsylvanians to follow CDC guidance for wearing a mask where required by law, rule and regulations, including healthcare, local business and workplace guidance. For the protection of themselves and others, individuals who have not yet been vaccinated or are partially vaccinated are still encouraged to wear a mask when in public. CDC also recommends all individuals wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.
There are 166,235 individuals who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases and 638 individuals who have a positive serology test and either COVID-19 symptoms or a high-risk exposure.
Sign up for the WTAJ Newsletter for the latest local news, weather and community events that matter to you.