George Batrus from Tom & Joe’s Diner shares a recipe for a Reuben.
3oz corned beef brisket sliced thin
2 pieces swiss cheese
2 pieces of deli rye bread
1 Tbsp butter
4oz cooked sauerkraut
2oz thousand island dressing
1. Butter two pieces of rye bread and put butter side down on a hot skillet.
2. Put one piece of Swiss cheese on top of each piece of rye bread.
3. Fry the corned beef on the side and put on top with one piece of cheese.
4. Put the cooked sauerkraut on top of the corned beef.
5. Once the bottom side of both pieces of bread are browned then close up the sandwich and cut in half to serve.
6. Spread thousand Island dressing inside the sandwich.
Visit Tom & Joe’s Diner in Downtown Altoona at 1201 13th Avenue, , , or give them a call at (814) 943-3423 for more information.