George Batrus from Tom & Joe’s Diner in Altoona shares his recipe for Philly Cheesesteak Omelets.
Philly Cheesesteak Omelet
4 oz chipped steak
2 oz diced onions
2 oz diced peppers
4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
1 oz whole milk
1 tsp garlic/Italian seasoning blend
1 tsp butter
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1. Break the two eggs in a bowl and add the milk and stir/whip with a fork and set aside
2. In a skillet sauté the onions and peppers in butter and brown the chipped steak
3. Remove the onions, peppers, and steak from the skillet
4. In the same skillet, add butter and stir eggs into the skillet.
5. Add the onions, peppers, and steak to the egg…make sure to spread it around instead of just the middle
6. Add the shredded cheese by spreading it throughout the egg and add the seasoning. Cover with a lid
7. Once the egg is set and the cheese is melted, serve by topping with the tomato sauce.
Visit Tom & Joe’s Diner in Downtown Altoona at 1201 13th Avenue, , , or give them a call at (814) 943-3423 for more information.