Aromatherapist Heather McKinney shares two recipes made with essential oils and talks about her January workshop!
Cumin Rainbow Salsa
Recipe Courtesy of: https://www.doterra.com/US/en/blog/recipe-cumin-rainbow-salsa
3 roma tomatoes, diced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
1 orange bell pepper, cored and diced
1 yellow bell pepper, cored and diced
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 fresh corn cobs, cut corn off of cob
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
⅔ cup chopped red onion
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (or 1 drop DoTerra lime essential oil)
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 drop of DoTerra Cumin oil
2 teaspoons salt
1. Combine the tomatoes, jalapeno, bell peppers, black beans, corn, cilantro, and red onion in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together lime juice, garlic powder, Cumin essential oil, and salt until combined. Pour the juice over the salsa and toss until well combined. .
3. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate.
Non-Alcoholic Cranberry and Lime Spritzer
Recipe Courtesy of: https://www.doterra.com/US/en/blog/recipe-non-alcoholic-cranberry-lime-spritzer
Sparkling water or lemon-lime soda
Lime essential oil
1. Fill glass with ice, pour sparking water or lemon-lime soda half way.
2. Fill additional half of glass with cranberry juice.
3. Add 1 drop Lime essential oil and stir.
For garnish, add sliced limes and cranberries.
Join Heather for her first class of the new year on Thursday, January 11 from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm at the Comfort Inn in Duncansville for her monthly wellness workshop, New Year, New You – Let’s Cleanse Together. The cost is $5 at the door. Reserve your spot today!
Visit Heather McKinney online for more information.