George Batrus from Tom & Joe’s Diner in Altoona shares his recipe for Meatballs.
5lb 80/20 Ground Beef
1 cups Parmesan Cheese
1 cups Italian Bread Crumbs
2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
2 tablespoons Parsley
Salt – sprinkle entire top of mixture
Pepper – sprinkle entire top of mixture
6oz of Water
Yields: Approximately 25 – 4oz Meatballs
1. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are blended together.
2. Roll out meatballs by hand to the size that is slightly smaller than a tennis ball and place a in single layer on an oven pan
3. Place pan in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to partially cook the meatballs
4. Place the partly cooked meatballs in a large stock pot and cook in sauce.
5. Bring the sauce to a simmer and allow the meatballs to finish cooking for another hour.
Visit Tom & Joe’s Diner in Downtown Altoona at 1201 13th Avenue, , , or give them a call at (814) 943-3423 for more information.