Stefano Ferrari, co-owner of LIFeSTYLE in Bedford, shares his recipe for Chicken Cacciatore.
* 4 Chicken legs and thighs (preferably organic)
* Sea salt and black pepper
* 8 Bay leaves
* 2 Sprigs of fresh rosemary
* 3 Cloves of garlic
* ½ bottle of red wine preferably Chianti or Merlot
* Flour for dusting
* Handful of green and black olives
* 28 oz. good quality canned tomatoes such as San Marzano
Season the chicken pieces with salt and freshly ground pepper and put them into a bowl.
Add the bay leaves, rosemary sprigs, and the crushed clove of garlic and cover with the wine. Leave to marinate for at least an hour, but preferably overnight in the fridge.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade, and pat dry with paper towels. Dust the chicken pieces with flour and shake off any excess. Heat an ovenproof pan, add a splash of olive oil,
Visit LIFeSTYLE at 108 E. Pitt Street in Bedford, give them a call at (814) 623-2703, or visit them for more information.