Enjoy a taste of Clearfield County at the first ever Backwoods/Backwaters Wild Game Feast & Cook-off!
Bilgers Rocks Association presents the first ever Backwoods/Backwaters Wild Game Feast & Cook-off on Saturday, April 28 from 4:00 pm until 9:00 pm at Bilgers Rocks in Grampian. Enjoy food, entertainment and beverages for $20. Get your tickets today by calling (814) 553-5744.
Venison Pepper Steak over Rice
Venison Pepper Steak Recipe
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
1 lb venison steaks
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 orange pepper
balsamic vinaigrette – any kind I use Newman’s Own, but have also had great results with Dollar store brands as well
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Marinate venison steaks in balsamic vinaigrette
2. Preheat frying pan with 1 tbsp olive oil
3. 1.slice onion and peppers and add to pan. cook until softened.
4. 2.While they are cooking, rinse steaks, slice into strips.
5. Remove vegetables from pan to large bowl and add steak slices to pan
6. Cook quickly, just a few minutes as venison gets tough if its overcooked. Once it is light pink,add 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette to the pan and continue cooking for another minute. remove venison and scrape the cooked vinaigrette into peppers and onions.
7. Serve over rice