31°F
Sponsored by

Wood Burner Sparks House Fire

No one injured in fire.
SYKESVILLE, JEFFERSON COUNTY - Route 119 in Sykesville was shut down for a short time as crews battled a house fire.

Officials say two people were displaced by the blaze. No one was injured, but the family dog was taken to the vet.

Firefighters believe a wood burner in the basement started the fire, which quickly spread to all three floors. The house suffered major interior damage. The Red Cross is assisting the couple.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus