48°F
Sponsored by

UPDATE: Pa. House Passes Gambling Bill

Measure would allow for-profit bars and taverns to offer small games of chance.

HARRISBURG - The house passed its version of new gambling legislation Wednesday afternoon.

It would allow for-profit bars and taverns to sell small games of chance-- like pull tabs and raffles. Businesses would get to keep 40 percent of the proceeds, the other 60 percent would go to the state.

Currently, only non-profits like VFWs can sell the ticket games.

The bill now goes back to the senate where it is expected to pass. It would become law with Gov. Corbett's signature.

For additional details on the legislation: Small Games of Chance

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus