Gas Leak Causes Fire At Restaurant

Gas Leak Causes Fire At Restaurant

Fire caused by gas leak on restaurant grill.
ALTOONA - All Logan Township fire departments responded to a small fire caused by a gas leak overnight at an Applebee's restaurant located in the Logan Valley Mall.

No customers were inside the restaurant at the time of the fire. Employees first noticed the flames while cleaning and extinguished the fire, only to see if flare up again. One of the employees then called 911.

According the Lakemont Fire Lieutenant Carl Long, the fire was caused by a gas leak on one of the restaurant's grills.

"The culprit is a pigtail off the grill," Long said. "We got it shut off...the employees did a great job, they knew there was a problem."

Although there is some cleanup, Long said there was no structural damage.

Applebees employees indicated the restaurant will be open for business on Wednesday.

There were no injuries.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus