The lake was originally built as a mill pond fed by natural springs it was part of the Shenkle Gristmill property.
Hundreds of people
passed it every day since it sat next to a toll booth on the old Huntingdon,
The property changed
hands several times in the early 1900's, but after the flood of ‘36, the lake
was completely destroyed and the county gained ownership. In 1950 work was finally underway to rebuild
the lake. The dam was to be 15 feet high
and 600 feet long.
Over the years it was
used for boating, fishing, swimming, and ice skating in the winter. At times it's even been used to supply water
to the borough during extremely dry periods.
These days though most use it for relaxation.