He's a 15 year old who loves baseball, but when Elliot Mast was born, his family wondered if he'd be able to walk at all, let alone play baseball. With the help of some amazing doctors, Elliot has done both. Now, he's giving back, on the field and off.
On today's show, Elliot and his father Don Mast talk about Elliot's medical history. Elliot was born with a club foot and had surgery to fix it. Not long after that surgery, he was told by doctors that he can run and play baseball. He now plays for those children who are unable to take the field, due to medical conditions of their own.
Elliot plays on various teams and is now sponsored. He plays to raise money for Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh.
You can help Elliot make his goal of $20,000 for the kids!
He's having a sports memorobilia auction this Thursday, August 15th at the Altoona Curve game. Just head out to PNG Field for the game and put in your bid on baseball and Steelers memorobilia like a signed Ben Rothlisberger jersey and tickets to sit in a luxury box at a Steelers game with several Steelers legends, including Rocky Bleier.
CENTRAL PA LIVE
To Benefit Children's Hospital
Altoona Curve Game
Thursday, August 15
Elliot is still collecting items to auction off. If you're interested, contact him on his website.
Some of the current auction items include:
1. Autographed picture of Michael Cuddyer and Jordan Pacheco from the ColoradoRockies.
2. Atlanta Braves Chipper Jones Autographed MLB Baseball
3. Wade Boggs, Hall of Fame 3rd Baseman Autographed Baseball
4. Evoshield Gear/ Elbow and Wrist Guards
5. Troy Tulowitzki autographed MLB Baseball
6. Signed bat and official minor league baseball signed by super slugger (Minor League Home Run Derby Champion) Matt Fields.
7. Jason Grilli, Pirates Pitcher specialty tee-shirt
8. Bergino's Baseball Club Basket with 6 beautiful balls and 3 books
9. Autographed New York Mets Daniel Murphy Rookie Card Upper Deck
10. "Big Ben" Roethlisberger #7 autographed Pittsburgh Steelers Jersey
11. Pittsburgh Steeler Opening Game Tickets In The Legends Club w/ Parking Pass/ Meal. Meet Steeler NFL Legends!
12. Delgross's La Famiglia Gift Packs
13. Hines Ward Pittsburgh Steeler's Autographed 8X10 Photo