Making a Difference
Heroin and other opiods are ravaging communities across the country. More Americans die from drug overdoeses than in car crashes, with deaths from heroin increasing 248 percent between 2010 and 2014. This trend is driven by the abuse of prescription painkillers.
Somce 1999, the amount of prescription opioids sold in the U.S. has nearly quadrupled, despite no overall change in the amount of pain reported by Americans. Deaths from these drugs - such as oxycodone, hydrocodone and methadone - have quadrupled since 1999. (Source: Center for Disease Control)
If you or someone you know is looking for help. Please contact one of the services below.
LOCAL RESOURCES & TREATMENT OPTIONS
· PAStop.Org – the Commonwealth Prevention Alliance Campaign to Stop Opiate Abuse
· CAMBRIA COUNTY DRUG COALITION
· OPERATION OUR TOWN
· BLAIR DRUG AND ALCOHOL PARTNERSHIPS
· SOMERSET COUNTY DRUG FREE COMMUNITIES
· CLEARFIELD-JEFFERSON DRUG & ALCOHOL COMMISSION
· BEDFORD COUNTY DRUG & ALCOHOL PREVENTION PARTNERSHIP
· JUNIATA VALLEY TRI-COUNTY DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSE COMMISSION
· Elk County Drug & Alcohol Consortium 814-781-6280 Information and programming regarding substance abuse to residents of Elk County.
· Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services, Inc. 814-781-1700 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Provides substance abuse services to residents of Cameron, Elk and McKean Counties.
We Will Recover: Public Drug Forum
In February, WTAJ News gave you an inside look at how the Twin Lakes Rehabilitation Center in …
We Will Recover
The opioid and heroin epidemic is considered to be the most significant public health crisis facing…
Resources needed to fight opioid epidemic
Attorney General Josh Shapiro is asking state lawmakers to free up more than $2 million dollars to …
Free Hepatitis C screenings amid outbreak concerns
As Pennsylvania's drug problem grows, so does the chance of a possible HIV and Hepatitis C outbreak.
Covert Needle Exchange