Agents say a New York heroin and cocaine source was living in Pleasant Gap, Centre County and using local residents to make drug deliveries in and around the State College and Williamsport areas.
Authorities say local users and dealers in Centre County were getting the heroin from Philadelphia and Williamsport.
The drugs were allegedly identified with names like “Down” for heroin, “Up” for cocaine and “Bun” or “Bunny Rabbit” for a bundle of heroin.
“I'd say it made a dent,” said Anthony Sassano with the Office of the Attorney General. “Unfortunately, though, once you're addicted to heroin, that's all you do. You need to get heroin. First thing when you wake up in the morning, you're looking for heroin. Last thing before you go to bed, you're shooting up heroin. So, it made a dent, however, these people who are addicted to heroin are motivated, because of their addiction, to get more heroin.”
This is the second phase of arrests in connection to an ongoing investigation of heroin trafficking in Centre County. The first phase of arrests was in March 2013.
Officials form the Attorney General’s office say these arrests not related to the recent rash of heroin overdose deaths in Western Pennsylvania.
All of the suspects have been charged with criminal conspiracy and criminal use of a communication facility. Additional charges against the suspects are listed below.
- Theophilius “Cowboy”, “Wes” Baldwin, 36, currently in Centre County Correctional Facility. Charged with four counts possession with intent to deliver heroin and oxycodone, three counts delivery of heroin.
- Mandy Mabry, 38, of Lock Haven, Clinton County. Charged with one count possession with intent to deliver heroin, one count delivery of heroin.
- Amanda Cain, 29, of Howard, Centre County. Charged with one count possession with intent to deliver heroin.
- Bryon “Salot” Jacobs, 25, of Philadelphia. Charged with one count possession with intent to deliver heroin. *Not in custody as of Thursday afternoon*
- Dwayne “Weezy” Mays, 27, currently incarcerated at SCI Laurel Highlands. Charged with one count delivery of heroin, one count possession with intent to deliver heroin.
- Aaron “White Boy” Harris, 30, of Philadelphia. Charged with two counts delivery of heroin, one count possession with intent to deliver heroin. *Not in custody as of Thursday afternoon*
- Harvey “T”, “Tick”, “Chip” Edwards, 37, of Williamsport, Lycoming County. Charged with two counts delivery of heroin, one count possession with intent to deliver heroin.
- Chad Solt, 39, of Centre County. Charged with three counts delivery of Percocet.
- Chelcie Styers, 20, of Blanchard, Centre County. Charged with three count of delivery of marijuana.
- Douglas Cowher, 40, of Woodward, Centre County.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.