Officials: Cigarette caused morning house fire

By WTAJ News

Published 05/02 2014 12:03PM

Updated 05/02 2014 03:48PM

JOHNSTOWN – Officials say a lit cigarette was the cause of a Friday morning house fire in the Moxham neighborhood of Johnstown.

The fire, which has been determined an accident, occurred at a home in the 700 block of Linden Avenue.

Fire officials say a cigarettes was not put properly, and the fire has been ruled an accident.

The two elderly people living in the home were taken to the hospital. The Red Cross is assisting them because they did not have renter’s insurance and lost everything.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


Top Videos

Top Videos