Yield: 12 (6 servings)
1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. sugar
1/4 t. salt
3 eggs, beaten
2 c. milk
2 T. butter, melted
1. Combine flour, sugar, and salt.
2. In another bowl, combine eggs and milk; add to dry ingredients.
3. Stir in in the melted butter.
*Batter may be made a day or two ahead, if needed.
**If preparing dessert crepes, add another 1 t. sugar and t. vanilla to mixture.
4. In medium saut pan over med-high heat, add a small dab of butter.
5. Add enough crepe batter to coat the pan and swirl the batter to cover bottom of pan.
6. When edges are slightly brown, flip the crepe and cook other side another 20-30 seconds.
7. Transfer to a dish and continue until all batter is used; place parchment or waxed paper between crepes.
8. If using crepes another day, you may package them for the freezer-they freeze very well! Just place in a freezer Ziploc bag.
Yield: 6 servings
Prepared Strawberry Jam (or any kind of jam!)
12 crepes, warmed in oven or microwave
1. Spread a scant tablespoon jam on a crepe and roll (or fold into quarters).
2. Place two filled crepes on six dessert plates.
3. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
**Try adding Nutella- delicious!!
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.