Fire Kills 2 Animals, Sends 2 to Hospital

By WTAJ News

Published 08/22 2014 06:10AM

Updated 08/22 2014 06:43AM

SOUTH FORK, CAMBRIA COUNTY - A fire that broke out in the area sent two people to the hospital and left 2 animals dead.

The fire started around 9:30 Thursday Night in the basement apartment on 262 Main Street in South Fork, Cambria County.

Heavy smoke and heat kept fire fighters outside of the building for some time.

One fire fighter was taken to the hospital for heat exhaustion.

A resident living in the apartment was also taken for smoke inhalation.

The firefighter and resident are said to be okay.

The resident living in the apartment lost a dog and a cat in the fire.

Officials are ruling the fire accidental.

Crews were able to save the building.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


Top Videos

Top Videos