Bedford, Bedford County, Pa - Several suspected drug dealers were handcuffed Tuesday morning. The Bedford County Drug Task Force teamed up with Pennsylvania State Police on what they called Operation April Showers.
During an early morning raid officers served arrest warrants on nine local drug dealers. Three suspects remain at large.
Police have increased their efforts to arrested suspected drug dealers. At drug sweep last month netted 21 arrests.
"It's is sad to see so many young people involved in drug activity. It is ruining lives. Many of these men and women are addicts who have turned to selling to fund their habits," said Bedford County District Attorney Bill Higgins.
The men and women arrested as part of Operation April Showers are charged with dealing a variety of drugs including heroin, methamphetamine, and prescription pills.
The drug raid on Tuesday took offers to Bedford, Woodbury, Everett, and even into Blair and Huntingdon Counties.
Police had arrest warrants for the following suspects:
- Brandon Jacob Clark, 21 - Bedford
- Megan Sue Butler, 25 - Woodbury
- Dean Allen Camerer, 35 - Roaring Spring
- Matthew Fessler, 34 - James Creek
- Chance Williams, 20 - Bedford
- Joshua Pabon, 25 - Everett
- William Joseph Myers, 37 - Broad Top
- Shannon Michelle Smith, 28 - Robertsdale
(Names in Bold have not yet been apprehended)
In addition to those arrests, the following suspects were charged with misdemeanor drug possession offenses.
- Robert Wright, 44 - Bedford
- Shaun Marshal, 46 - Everett
- Brittney Dodd, 30 - Bedford
Operation April Showers culminates a 12-month investigation conducted by the Bedford County Drug Task Force.