All dogs three months or older must be licensed by January 1st of each year. The current fee is $6.45 for each spayed or neutered dog, and $8.45 for other dogs. Older adults and persons with disabilities may purchase a license for $4.45 for spayed or neutered dogs, and $6.45 for others.
Additionally, all dogs and non-feral cats three months of age and older must be vaccinated against rabies. Booster vaccinations are required periodically to maintain lifelong immunity.
Violators can be cited with a maximum fine of $300 per violation plus court costs.
Licenses may be purchased through Clearfield County Treasurer Carol Fox at the courthouse in Clearfield, by calling 814-765-2641, online at www.licenseyourdogpa.com, or from these issuing agents:
- Burnside – Burnside Handi-Mart
- Clearfield – Agway, Clearfield SPCA, Susquehanna Vet
- Curwensville – Curwensville Feed Store, Curwensville True Value
- DuBois – DuBois Animal Health, DuBois Feed, DuBois Veterinary Clinic, Pet Place, Shop-N-Save, Wayland Farm Supply
- Houtzdale – Houtzdale Hardware, Travis Supply
- Irvona – Lucas Supply
- Kylertown – Market Place
- La Jose – Jazzie’s Paws and Claws
- Madera – Just for Dogs
- Mahaffey – Bell Bookkeeping, Clark Notary Service, D & G Groceries
- Osceola Mills – Demchak Paint and Hardware, Porky’s Dog Grooming
- Philipsburg – Philipsburg True Value
- Westover – Country Supply
- Woodland – Animal Welfare Council, Clearfield Veterinary Hospital
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.