2014 Maple Harvest Festival
Saturday, March 23, 2014
Sunday, March 24, 2014
10:30 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Come celebrate the first harvest of the new year with Shaver’s Creek! Since 1984 we have hosted our Maple Harvest Festival and Pancake Breakfast to help people learn about the maple sugaring process — both in colonial times and the present day. At the festival you can:
- learn how to identify and tap sugar maple trees and visit the Sugar Shack to see sap transformed into syrup
- watch costumed interpreters demonstrate sugaring techniques used by Native Americans, pioneers, and modern-day farmers
- enjoy live music and storytelling
- see live birds of prey and reptile shows
- savor all-you-can-eat pancakes and maple syrup!
Learn more on the Maple Harvest Festival page.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.