Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
1 (18-1/4-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 (4-serving-size) package chocolate instant pudding mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups cola, divided (See Notes)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 (16-ounce) package confectioners' sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, and oil until blended. Gradually add 1-1/4 cups cola. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes; pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, combine butter, cocoa, and remaining cola; cook over medium heat until butter melts, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla, then the pecans.
- Spread warm frosting over top of warm cake; cool completely on a wire rack.
This cake is also great made with cherry-flavored cola!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cakes/Chocolate-Cola-Cake#wcr5joGSSUkMhTVf.99
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.