Learn all about mental health this Wednesday at the “May is Mental Health Month” event!
The “May is Mental Health Month” event is scheduled for Wednesday, May 24 from 2:00 pm until 8:00 pm at the Altoona Grand Hotel. Several mental health providers will have displays and information available. There will be six sessions of approximately eight different presentations happening all at one time throughout. The presentations will include anxiety, depression, autism, PTSD, Bipolar, and Co-Occurring disorders. There will also be presentations on art therapy, yoga, Zumba, music and meditation.
Enjoy free refreshments, giveaways and raffles!
Facts about mental health
· 43.4 Million Adults in 2015 were diagnosed with a mental illness
· Anxiety disorders & major depression are the most common mental illnesses
· Any mental illness left untreated most often worsens
· Mental illness often affects one’s daily functioning
· Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the United States
If you or someone you know needs help, call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), UPMC Behavioral Health Access Center at (814) 889-2289, or UPMC Community Crisis Center (814) 889-2141.